Evapco / Evaptech
Principle of Operation:
- A cooling tower is a specialized Heat Exchanger in which two fluids (air and water) are brought into direct contact to effect the transfer of heat thru evaporation
- Cools a recirculating flow of water to which heat has been added by the system served
- Saving the user on water costs
- Hot water from condenser flows over the fill.
- Tower fan draws ambient air across water on the fill.
- Heat from the water is transferred to the air by latent and sensible cooling.
- Flow rate (gpm)
- Hot Water (condenser Leaving Water Temperature)
- Cold Water (condenser Entering Water Temperature)
- Wet Bulb (entering Wet Bulb) Recommend the 0.4% WB from table 1b, Chapter 27, 2001 ASHRAE Fundamentals
- Range = Hot Water – Cold Water
- Approach = Cold Water – Wet Bulb